Wednesday, October 15, 2014

In Other Words...

I have patiently waiting for day 15.  Favorite Quote and Why.

I love quotes.  I love quotes so much that I have three tattooed on me.  "Out the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air."  "She is hotter than a thousands suns, an elegant whirlwind of golden-red.  A ginger tempest."  "It seems my soul is a gypsy."

  It's honestly so hard to actually narrow down a favorite quote.  As an avid reader, I come across so many lines that really speak to me.   Then, one night scrolling through Pinterest, I came across something along the lines of "15 YA Books To Read Before The Movies".  There I found The Fault In Our Stars, which killed me.  I cried through the whole book and then through the movie.  I loved John Green so much and he had so many good lines that I immediately bought Paper Towns, which I loved almost as much.  Looking For Alaska is next on my list.

I said all of this, leading you to believe that my favorite quote is a John Green quote.  It's not.  Before The Fault In Our Stars, I read The Perks Of Being A Wallflower.  This book fit squarely into my soul like a puzzle piece.  I loved EVERYTHING about how Stephen Chbosky wrote this book. I started crying in the first few pages because it felt like I was writing it.  It, to me, is a true coming of age novel and is so spot on, on how it feels to feel like you're going through life unnoticed.  And then I read this line.
I read it, and immediately shut off my Kindle and cried.  I cried because the line is perfection.  It completely encompasses this emotion that everyone has felt but hadn't been actually able to say.  I have lived this two sentences so often in my life.  And I am still trying to figure it out.  Charlie is a piece of me, well written into an amazing book.  I made Jamie read it and she had every reaction I did.  I even loved the movie which is rare.

I want to be responsible for a few chosen words that hit someone in the exact way it's supposed to.  What's your favorite quote?

2 comments:

Fairy Princess Jord said...

Your tattoos are so beautiful, I am quite fond of Syvia Plath so I am biased towards that one of course. I haven't read any of the John Green books but I know I should, I've heard they are so lovely.

Emily said...

I never read Perks of Being a Wallflower, which I regret a little bit. But I watched the movie and it hit me pretty hard because it felt like a reflection of emotions and struggles I was dealing with at the time. I cried and laughed and at points felt like the movie was speaking directly to me. I love this quote, thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs