Thursday, October 9, 2014

Arrr'nt You Glad It's Almost Halloween?

I have to pick: My Best/Worst Halloween

Helene in Between Blogtober

Ok, so Halloween used to not be a big deal for me because I just didn't like dressing up.  But when I had Wilder, I knew I was going to dress up with him his first year.  The best thing about Halloween with kids is that you get to learn their personalities and what they like so you know how to dress them up.  His first year, we were pirates.
We didn't trick or treat since Wilder was only 10 months old but we handed out candy in our subdivision and Wilder got to see all the cool costumes and we totally overbought candy so we were a really popular house.

His second year, he was Mike Wazowski.  We went to a local community gathering and Wilder loved it.  But his costume was a little warm and it was hot that day so we didn't force his hood on him.  He got to play games and run around.
This year he's gonna be Luigi and his dad is going to be Mario and they'll probably go back to the community gathering.  It sucks, because you don't ever think about splitting up holidays but I'll take what I can get.

But when Jamie and I were kids, I remember Jamie wanted to be Snow White so bad.  And my mom colored her red hair with black shoe polish to make it look more authentic and that took FOREVER to wash it.


Got any better stories for me?? 


3 comments:

Charlotte Smart said...

He looks so cute as Mike Wazowski! And as a pirate! Being Luigi and Mario is such a good idea too :)
http://alovetriangle.weebly.com

Helene in Between said...

ohh i love that you dress him up! so cute!

Amy Willingham said...

Shoe polish... I'm dying.. Poor Jaime!

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs