Friday, October 17, 2014

Goodbye Merle

Tragically, two days ago in a chain of events no one could have predicted, my Merle got out and was hit by a truck and killed.  Our neighbor's son came to tell me and I got to sit out there with him and hold him and talk to him until he finally died.

He was my fresh start and he's gone much too soon.  I lost Arnold on Memorial Day and now Merle.  It never gets easier for me.  After Tj got home, I ran to the shower and sat in there and cried.  This isn't the way things are supposed to happen.  That's what we're supposed to say right? It's hard getting used to a dogless house.  If I dropped an ice cube, he would chase in there and steal it.  If I didn't want my crust, I would give it to him.  If I had to use the bathroom, he would follow me in there.  He would bump around under the bed at night and I would be content knowing he was there.  Now, I have to stop myself from calling out to him.

I stayed at home the past two days just dealing with it.  Tj and I have talked about another dog in the future, there are always going to be dogs who need a home.  My blog will stay the same.  He gave me the hope to start over and I'll carry that with the blog.  It'll just be a little harder to look at for a while.

To everyone who reached out on Instagram, I appreciate it more than you know.

Merly, I'll see you at the Rainbow Bridge.  Until then...

4 comments:

Perfectly Jenn said...

I am so very sorry for your loss :(

Adrian {Happy girl} said...

Oh Casey, I can't even imagine how much your heart hurts right now. I am so sorry for your loss! Please let me know if you need anything. Merle was so damn lucky to have you, and you him, for as long as he did.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry Queso! I hate that.

Miss Angie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! It never gets easier, but you are a good person for giving him such a loving life while he was here. *hugs*

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Poppiness Designs